Burning smartphones are always in the spotlight. The stories with spontaneous burning of smartphones are liked by a wide audience, of course, when they do not happen to them. Troubles happen with devices of all companies and “even” iPhones have shown their hot temper more than once. Another episode with a smartphone fire occurred in India by the Poco X3.
The owner of the smartphone announced that he purchased it in December last year. Until that time, he did not see any signs that it might have problems. And unexpectedly on April 13, while charging, the Poco X3 caught fire. The battery exploded, injuring the back cover and shattering the glass on the front.
The owner of the fire victim published the story of the Poco X3 fire on his Twitter page, accompanying it with photographs of the burned-out smartphone. Naturally, the main question that interests him is: who is to blame for the tragedy?
Gizchina News of the week
Poco commented on the situation today, stating that they are investigating the cause of the incident. According to the initial finding, the damage was caused by an “external force”. Referring to the photo, the company said that there was an external impact – the smartphone’s battery was damaged by piercing it. The owner of the burnt-out Poco X3 completely denies the fact of external influences and is convinced that the fire occurred due to problems in controlling the temperature level during charging.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Poco X3 smartphone.
POCO X3 specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, Corning Gorilla 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, 13MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio, aptX HD
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.8×10.08mm; Weight:225g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery with 33W fast charging
Owner is lying. Mobile cannot explode while charging unless some conditions are applied just like Xioami is saying. It is due to externel force. Mobiles are prepared in batch so if this mobile is faulty there should be more too with the same fault. But only one reported till now and it is due to the owner's fault according to me.
I also use poco x3 and while charging it is very hot so I will power off and charge for 15 minutes in air conditioner and cool it then again charging for 15 minutes. So I will 5 watt charger and charge it continuously instead of 33 watt. What should I do?
It's not a big problem bro. Most of the chargers get hot while charging and I also use poco X3 but I charge it continuously.
My mobile also very hot while I charged this so please tell me can i use this phone or not
Ofcourse you can use it.
Poco x3 are wrost phone. I can not hope for the poco. Phone is not important our life is important.Do not buy poco phones
It just cannot have to one guy
Remember the Galaxy s7 Everyones galaxy s7's were catching on fire
So xiaomi is right he was probably playing heavy games and it got hot and the phones battery was low so he didnt let the mobile get some rest and let it cool down and putted on charge and some time after it was too hot and the battery just exploded This is what happened.
I am also using Poco x3, I think owner was trying to use his phone while charging so that may cause such incidents. Otherwise, I've been using this phone since November 2020, I've never faced any overheating problem in worst scenarios as well.
Recently the charging time is very extend ..at fisrt about 1:15 minutes phone is full charged but now this time is extend to 2hour .. please solve this problem .