Consistent and timely updates are a point of focus for any serious OEM. Xiaomi takes good care of its devices by releasing constant updates to keep its devices running in full gear. Following the Redmi K40, the Redmi K40 Pro is now getting the stable version of the MIUI 12.5 update. This information is coming from users who already have the update.
In December last year, Xiaomi officially announced its latest MIUI 12.5 system. The company claims that this update is no less than a major version upgrade. In terms of fluency, Xiaomi claims that the system memory usage is much lower, drops as much as 35%. The company also said that this system lowers the power consumption by 25%.
MIUI 12.5 brings a new light-sensing motion effect architecture. It also comes with an immersive translucent motion blur, new super wallpapers, new notification system sounds, more delicate vibration touch, and “One more thing” MIUI+ collaboration function. These are just a few of the many features that the MIUI 12.5 brings.
According to Xiaomi, the second batch of devices will start getting the MIUI 12.5 update from the end of May. The devices in this schedule include Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10S, Redmi K40, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition (LIte) 5G, Redmi K30 Extreme Commemorative Edition (Ultra), Redmi 10X, Redmi 10X Pro, Redmi K30S Extreme Commemorative Edition (Ultra), Redmi Note 9 Pro, Xiaomi CC9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Xiaomi CC9, Xiaomi CC9 Meitu customized version, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9, Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G.
Redmi K40 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging