There are reports from South Korea claiming that Samsung’s new wireless headsets cause ear inflammation. According to the report from CCTV News, many Korean users have reported that their ears have symptoms such as pus and scabs after wearing Samsung’s new wireless headsets. In response, Samsung said that this product passed international standard tests before entering the market. These tests certified that the products contain no harmful substance in their design. Furthermore, Samsung claims that since the earphones are “in-ear”, sweating or moisture may cause similar problems.
From the reports so far, it appears that the ear inflammation complaints come more from the Galaxy Buds Pro user group. Before now, there have been reports from China that the Galaxy Buds Pro causes blisters and inflammation. Insiders believe that in order to ensure the noise reduction effect, Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro designed the earplugs to be too large. This could probably be stimulating the skin of the ear canal.
Gizchina News of the week
In this regard, Samsung confirmed the possibility of discomfort due to the structure of the headset. The company recommends that users regularly clean and disinfect the headset while keeping the ear canal dry.
In addition, according to consumer feedback, ear inflammation may be caused by allergies to the earphone material. Samsung clearly states the earphone build materials on its official website. The ear part uses an acrylate material while the stainless steel part is nickel. If you have allergies to any of these materials, you may want to stay away from Samsung’s buds.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro specifications
- Driver unit: 2-way (11mm woofer + 6.5mm tweeter)
- Microphones: 3 mics (2 outer + 1 inner) + Voice Pickup Unit + Wind Shield
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- ANC: Cutting external background noise by up to 99%, 2 adjustable levels
- Ambient Sound: Amplifying up to + 20dB, 4 adjustable levels Voice Detect
- Bixby Voice Wakeup
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Supported Codecs: AAC, SBC, Scalable (Samsung proprietary)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Touch, Voice Pickup Unit (VPU)
- Compatibility: Android 7.0 or higher with more than 1.5GB of RAM
- IPX7 water resistance
- Dimensions: Earbuds: 19.5 x 20.5 x 20.8mm; Weight: 6.3g
- Charging case: 50 x 50.2 x 27.8mm; Weight: 44.9g
- Battery: Earbuds – 61mAh; Charging Case – 472mAh
- Play Time: 5 hours (buds) / 18 hours (case) with ANC ON, 8 hours (buds) / 28 hours (case) with ANC OFF; Qi Wireless Charging, Fast charging: 1 hour of playtime with 5 minutes of charging
Whether or not this issue is restricted to Korean users remains to be seen. Do you have any of Samsung’s recent earbuds? Are you experiencing any issues with your ear? Let us know in the comment section below