China’s Tianwen 1 probe has successfully landed on the surface of Mars, and in honor of this achievement, Oppo has announced a new version of its flagship smartphone Find X3 Pro. The Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition boasts a more powerful hardware component, as well as some design changes.
The body of the device is made in gray, which, according to the manufacturer, is inspired by outer space. The back surface is made of opaque AG Glass with a metallic sheen, thanks to which the developers hoped to achieve a similarity to the textures of materials used in space.
On the back are the inscriptions Mars 2021 and Utopia Planitia, it was in this area of the Red Planet that the Chinese probe landed. The smartphone comes preinstalled with three color software filters that will allow you to give the Martian look to images taken on Earth. Users are also provided with a customizable Martian interface theme with dynamic wallpapers showing Mars sunrise and sunset.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition has 16GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. The standard version of Find X3 Pro has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash memory. The rest of the characteristics of the new items coincide with the base model, which was official in March this year. The hardware basis of the smartphone is a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, and a 4500 mAh battery. Android 11 with proprietary shell ColorOS 11.2 is in use as a software platform.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition is already available for pre-order in China at a price of 6,999 yuan, which is approximately $ 1,090. Home market sales will start on May 16th.
OPPO Find X3 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch ( 1440 x 3216 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 20.1:9 display with HDR10+, 5Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate; up to 1300 nits brightness, 525PPI, end-to-end 10-bit color support, 97% NTSC/100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 3200MHz RAM, 256GB ( UFS 3.1 @ 2Lanes HS-Gear4) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, f/1.8 aperture; 50MP Native 110.3° 1/1.56″ ultra-wide Sony IMX766 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, capable of shooting 4cm macro shots; 13MP periscope camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5x hybrid zoom, 20x digital zoom, 3MP micro lens with f/3.0 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.4 x 74 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 193g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, dual-antenna NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge, 30W VOOC Air wireless charging, 10W reverse charging