Xiaomi is not entirely the best with smartphone updates but the company is not doing badly. Many Xiaomi smartphones get regular updates to keep the device in good health. It appears that Redmi is also copying this from Xiaomi. The latest report regarding the Redmi Note 9 shows that it is now getting the stable version of the MIUI 12.5 update. Furthermore, information from MIUI official website shows that this update is available for the Redmi Note 9. Users of this smartphone can download the MIUI 12.5 stable version. However, the stable MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi Note 9 4G and Redmi Note 9 Pro is not available for now. Users of these smartphones have to be patient as this update should arrive soon.
The Redmi Note 9 comes with the mid-range Dimensity 800U. Xiaomi’s CEO, Lei Jun also revealed that since the release of the Redmi Note 9 series, its global sales exceed 45.2 million units. According to Xiaomi, the Redmi Note series sales currently exceed 200 million units. The company is quite proud of the performance of its Note lineup.
Xiaomi released the latest generation of the MIUI 12.5 system in December last year. The official said that this upgrade is no less than a major version update. In terms of fluency, Xiaomi claims that the system memory usage drops by an average of 35%. Furthermore, this system reduces the power consumption by 25% and also comes with the super wallpaper function. MIUI 12.5 also brings a new light cone motion effect architecture. This creates a more immersive translucent motion blur, new super wallpapers, new notification system sounds, more delicate vibration touch, “One more thing” MIUI+ collaboration function, etc.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1), 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1216 Linear speaker, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery, 22.5W in-box charger