Although there is a preponderance of 5G devices, 4G smartphones are still pretty common. 4G devices are more common in markets whose 5G is not ready yet. This is the case with India, the world’s second-largest smartphone market. Today, Realme officially unveiled the Realme C25s in India. This is an entry-level 4G smartphone that comes with a MediaTek Helio G85 SoC.
The Realme C25s inherits the C25’s 6.5-inch HD+ resolution LCD screen. The screen-to-body ratio is 88.7% while the aspect ratio and brightness are 20:9 and 570 nits respectively. In the camera department, the Realme C25s comes with a 48MP main camera. This device also uses a 2MP macro lens and another 2MP sensor. On the front, this device has an 8MP shooter that supports AI beauty and portrait mode. While the camera may not offer much, it is just enough for its price tag. The camera supports 1080p video recording, super nightscape, ultra-macro mode, and of course LED flash.
Gizchina News of the week
Supporting the processor is 4GB of RAM. Unfortunately, the RAM capacity does not go higher than this. However, for the internal storage, this device has both 64GB and 128GB versions. Furthermore, users can increase the memory capacity with a microSD card up to 256GB.
On the software end, this device comes with Realme UI 2.0 on top of Android 11. According to the company, this entry-level smartphone will officially hit the shelves on June 9th. Furthermore, this device will be available in gray and water blue colour options. As for its price tag, the 4GB + 64GB version sells for 9999 Indian rupees ($137) while the 4GB + 128GB version is going for 10999 Indian rupees ($151).
The huge 6000 mAh battery only supports 18W fast charging via a USB-C. This means that it will take some time to get a full charge. Other features in this device include Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Realme C25s specifications
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) HD+ 20:9 water-drop display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor with 1GHz peak Arm Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- realme UI based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W portrait, and 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner (C21 only)
- Dimensions: 165.2×76.4×8.9mm; Weight: 190g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 6000mAh battery with 18W charging