On the website of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), information has appeared about a Samsung smartphone with the code designation SM-E225F_DS. This device will enter the commercial market under the name Galaxy F22, expanding the range of available models.
In the base of the certification department, the smartphone is mentioned among the various variants of the Galaxy A22. This means that the devices will become either the closest relatives, or even identical smartphones.
Thus, observers conclude that the Galaxy F22 will receive a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED HD + display with a resolution of 1600 × 720 pixels. The front 13-megapixel camera will be located in a small screen cutout.
The upcoming device is credited with the presence of a quadruple main camera with sensors for 48 and 8 megapixels, as well as two sensors for 2 mrgapixels. In addition, it is said about the presence of a side fingerprint scanner.
Other proposed specs are as follows. A Helio G80 processor developed by MediaTek, 4 GB of RAM, a 64 GB flash drive, a USB Type-C port, a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a 5000 mAh battery with a 15-watt charge. Bluetooth SIG certification means the Galaxy F22 will be unveiled soon.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Galaxy A22 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A22 specifications
- 6.4-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB /128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 73.6 x 8.4mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
Alongside the Galaxy A22 4G edition, Samsung also unveiled its most affordable 5G smartphone, the Galaxy A22 5G; which boasts a good screen and a fairly large battery. Surprisingly, the Galaxy A22 5G smartphone received a more advanced screen than the Galaxy A32 5G – the new product offers users a 6.6-inch AMOLED panel with Full HD + resolution and a refresh rate of 90 Hz. The hardware platform is the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset with a clock frequency of 2.2 GHz, alongside a 4 GB or 8 GB of RAM. The storage capacity can be 64 or 128 GB.