As usual, before the official launch of any device, there are multiple leaks and speculations. However, before the official launch of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, we had a complete unboxing video of this device. The publisher of the leak (@Beautiful科技官微) recently issued an apology letter to Xiaomi for the leak on August 11, 2020. The blogger/publisher acknowledges that the leak is a violation of the confidentiality agreement which it has with Xiaomi.
In the letter of apology, Gu Xuyang, head of the publishing house adds “This case was arbitrated by the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, and it was determined that my actions had violated the confidentiality agreement and caused serious consequences. Xiaomi should be compensated reasonably. I accept the arbitration. As a result, I am willing to take the corresponding responsibility. At the same time, because of the harm that my breach of contract caused to Xiaomi, I would like to extend my sincere sincere thanks to Xiaomi, Mr. Lei Jun, and the employees of Xiaomi who have given me great trust and all Mi Fans. I apologize, sorry.”
According to the apology letter, the blogger will have to pay Xiaomi 1 million yuan ($155,000). The payment of this fund must be within 30 days of the verdict. Also, the court rules that they must also issue a public apology to Xiaomi for the mishap.
Gizchina News of the week
Mother to the publisher mistakenly posted the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra video
However, it appears that the situation was not entirely intentional. The head of the publishing house left his computer at home and his mother did the posting. She said “…I saw this thing on my son’s computer. I don’t know where he was going to post, I posted it in that group. It was accidental.” She also said that she shared a computer with her son and accidentally posted the video to the QQ group that pays attention to digital technology. She also claims that she didn’t know that her son has a non-disclosure agreement with Xiaomi.
Of course, they had to delete the video but it was way too late. The internet does not waste any time to screenshot or download videos.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage / 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, dual-tone triple LED flash, 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS, 20MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4360mAh (Minimum) battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging