Back in April, Xiaomi’s Redmi brand officially released its first gaming smartphone, Redmi K40 Gaming Edition. This smartphone brings top-level gaming with excellent performance and exclusive physical shoulder buttons. According to Redmi’s official Weibo handle, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition is currently on a special flash drop sale. The sale started yesterday (29th) and will end tomorrow (July 1st). The price of the 12GB+128GB model is 2299 yuan ($356) while the 12GB+256GB model is 2499 yuan ($387).
This smartphone is currently the cheapest gaming smartphone in the market. In fact, it is the cheapest gaming smartphone with 12GB of RAM. According to Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, more than 70% of users of the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition choose the 12GB version.
In addition to large memory, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition comes with the Dimensity 1200 processor. This is currently the strongest flagship chip in the MediaTek camp. It adopts a 6nm EUV process and is very eye-catching in terms of performance and power consumption.
As a gaming phone that focuses on e-sports effects, in addition to the core performance, the screen experience is also a crucial part. The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition uses a 6.67-inch flexible OLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. It also uses the COP flexible screen solution with extremely narrow borders.
In addition, the most game-style element of this device is the two independent shoulder buttons. This shoulder button has a built-in magnet that can achieve a magnetic levitation effect. By sliding the lever, it can achieve one-button lifting, and the game can change to a four-finger operation in seconds.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging