OnePlus has been busy with the OnePlus Nord 2 release, but this doesn’t prevent the company from bringing new updates for its devices. This week, the company is rolling updates for three of its premium smartphones, the OnePlus 9, the OnePlus 9 Pro, and the OnePlus 8T. These devices currently sit as the company’s top offerings, hence, the company is always trying to keep the best possible experience with its software. Today, the newer models are receiving the update in all the regions where it’s available. The OnePlus 8T, on the other hand, is getting this update only in limited regions.
The OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro are receiving a new update with version number OxygenOS 188.8.131.52. The update has the following build numbers in different regions.
- IN: 184.108.40.206.LE25DA
- EU: 220.127.116.11.LE25BA
- NA: 18.104.22.168.LE25AA
OnePlus 9 Pro
- IN: 22.214.171.124.LE15DA
- EU: 126.96.36.199.LE15BA
- NA: 188.8.131.52.LE15AA
According to the official changelog, the latest firmware update bumps up the security patches to July 2021. It also introduces the Bitmoji AOD option and adds the OnePlus Store app. The company’s official store is quite limited right now, but we expect the number of features to be increased once that OxygenOS 12 becomes available. After all, the upcoming update is said to introduce a deeper theming system. Apart from the new features, the firmware update also fixes certain issues and improves the system’s overall stability. You can check the full changelog below:
Gizchina News of the week
OnePlus 9, 9 Pro OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 Official Changelog
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.07
- Fixed known issues and improved stability
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji )
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
As far as the OnePlus 8T is concerned, the new update is rolling out as OxygenOS 220.127.116.11. It is rolling out in North America and Europe.
It’s interesting to see new features coming for the newer devices, but we expect these new features to not come very often in the next few months. OnePlus will probably focus its efforts on bringing OxygenOS 12 to the duo of flagships once Android 12 becomes available.