Yesterday, Xiaomi officially unveiled the much anticipated Xiaomi Mi MIX 4. This flagship smartphone is the first Snapdragon 888+ smartphone and it is the first regular MIX smartphone in three years. According to Lei Jun, Chairman, and CEO of Xiaomi Group, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 has a 4999 yuan ($771) starting price. This smartphone has four models and the prices are
- 8GB + 128GB – 4999 yuan ($771)
- 8GB + 256GB 5299 yuan ($817)
- 12GB + 256GB 5799 yuan ($894)
- 12GB + 512GB 9299 yuan ($1,434)
The first official pre-sale of this smartphone commenced at 22:00, just a few hours after its launch. Interestingly, after a few minutes of pre-sales, this flagship smartphone completely sold out. Although the company did not divulge the number of units available for pre-order, this device seems to be very popular.
A few days before the official launch of this smartphone, it has been attracting attention. Recall that on Jingdong and Tmall, the number of appointments for this device exceeds 350,000. Thus, we didn’t expect this device to stay on the shelf for too long.
This flagship smartphone is the first Xiaomi smartphone to come with under-screeen camera technology. It also uses a ceramic body which reduces its weight and gives it a premium appearance. According to Xiaomi, the MIX 4 uses high-purity nano-zirconia composite material, which is 30% lighter than traditional ceramics.
In the core configuration, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 has a screen size of 6.67 inches, a resolution of FHD+ (2400×1080), a refresh rate of 120Hz, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus flagship processor, a battery of 4500 mAh, and supports 120W wired / 50W wireless fast charging. You can see the rest of its specs in the specs sheet below. The first outright sale of this device will take place on August 16th.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging