Motorola devices are bought with respect for the brand, even if their smartphones are expensive. There is enough love and patriotic users towards the brand. For these loyal fans, the company has released the Motorola Edge (2021), which will go on sale on August 23 and is estimated at $ 699. At the start of sales, there will be a $ 200 discount.
Motorola Edge (2021) launched at an overpriced price
The design of the Motorola Edge (2021) is very similar to that of the Edge 20. The most noticeable difference is the larger chin under the display. A selfie camera in a round hole is located in the top middle of the screen and the smartphone is available in only one color – dark blue.
The dimensions of the device are 169x76x8.85 mm and the weight is 200 grams. Motorola Edge (2021) installed a 144-Hz 6.8-inch FullHD + screen, a 32-megapixel selfie camera, a Snapdragon 778G processor, 6/8 GB of RAM and 128/256 GB of storage. The smartphone is running Android 11 with the Motorola Ready For software platform for comfortable interaction with a PC.
The main camera consists of three sensors: 108 MP (f / 1.9) + 8 MP (ultra-wide, f / 2.2) + 2 MP (depth sensor, f / 2.4). The battery capacity of Motorola Edge (2021) is 5000mAh and offers 30W fast charging technology.
The Motorola edge (2021) comes in Nebula Blue color, is priced $699.99, but it will be available for $499.99 at launch after a $200 limited discount. It will be available in the U.S. unlocked at Best Buy, B&H Photo, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting on September 2 with pre-sale starting from August 23rd. Additionally, it will be available from operators Verizon and Spectrum Mobile in the coming month.
Motorola Edge (2021) specifications
- 6.8-inch (2460 ×1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD 144Hz display, HDR10+, 8-bit colour, 20.5:9 aspect ratio
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 11, ThinkShield for mobile
- 108MP 1/1.52″ sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 0.7µm pixel size, Ultra Pixel Technology for 2.1µm, 8MP ultra-wide camera with macro mode, f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75µm pixel size
- 32MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture, 0.7µm pixel siz, Quad Pixel Technology for 1.4µm
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Bottom-ported speaker, 3 Microphones
- Dimensions: 169 x 75.6 x 8.99mm; Weight: 200g
- Water resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 30W TurboPower fast charging
Recall that recently, Motorola introduced the Edge 20 and Edge 20 Fusion smartphones. The Motorola Edge 20 is a premium mid-range smartphone. However, the Edge 20 Fusion is a rebranded Edge 20 Lite, but with a different processor.