Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, has been releasing the HarmonyOS update for its smartphones. Its flagship series were the earliest to get the HarmonyOS 2. While many old Huawei and Honor devices are now getting HarmonyOS 2, the flagship models are now getting upgrades to the HarmonyOS 2. According to a recent report, the Huawei P40 is now getting the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 internal beta version. This update comes with optimizations to the desktop icon. Furthermore, Huawei recommends that all users should update their devices.
Huawei P40 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 changelog
- Adds a new size adjustment function for desktop icons. To access this feature go to Settings > Desktop and Wallpaper > Desktop Settings > Icon Size).
- Adds a new Sina mailbox application that supports the HarmonyOS universal card function to the desktop.
According to Huawei, HarmonyOS is a new generation smart operating system that provides a unified language for the intelligence, interconnection, and collaboration of different devices. It also brings a simple, smooth, continuous, safe, and reliable full-scene interactive experience. As of now, over a hundred Huawei and Honor smartphones and tablets are currently getting the HarmonyOS 2 upgrade. The Mate 40 series, Mate 30 series, P40 series, Mate X2, nova 8 series, MatePad Pro series, as well as other devices already have this update. In fact, even four to five years old smartphones are also getting this update.
Presently, over 90 million Huawei and Honor smartphones and tablets are getting the HarmonyOS 2 update. The company has a target to release this update for 100 million devices before the end of the year. From the look of things, Huawei will most likely meet its target for this year. Also, HarmonyOS gives really old Huawei/Honor smartphones a fresh start.
Huawei P40 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2340 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, dual-tone LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Camera for Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP53)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 148.3×71.6×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 3800mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W SuperCharge