The Vivo sub-brand continues to expand the range of devices and today introduced the iQOO Z5. This is a mid-range smartphone that has received a number of flagship features.
The smartphone has a 6.67-inch IPS-display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz and FullHD + resolution. A 16-megapixel front camera was installed here. At the heart of the iQOO Z5 is the Snapdragon 775G octa-core processor paired with 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM. The storage memory was offered with 128/256 GB UFS 3.1 and the smartphone is powered by a 5000 mAh rechargeable battery with 44-watt fast charging.
Connectivity options on the iQOO Z5 include USB-C, 5G, 4G VoLTE, 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi-6, Bluetooth and GPS. The main camera is triple, where the main sensor is 64 megapixels, in addition to an ultra-wide 8 megapixel and a 2 megapixel depth sensor. The smartphone has a liquid cooling system and a fingerprint scanner in the power button. The smartphone runs the Android 11 OS device with the OriginOS proprietary user interface.
The iQOO Z5 will be available in three variants, where the younger one with 8/128 GB costs $ 294, the version with 8/256 GB costs $ 325 and for the version with 12/256 GB of memory they ask $ 356 for it.
iQOO Z5 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen, HDR10, up to 650 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, DC dimming
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with Origin OS 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, Samsung GW3 sensor, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 164.70×76.68×8.48/8.53mm; Weight: 193/195g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/QZSS/Galileo, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 44W fast charging
Last month, Vivo introduced the new gaming flagship iQOO 8 Pro. The model has already appeared on sale in China with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ chipset. The device is not yet officially available outside the Chinese market, but a global release will take place very soon, since information about the corresponding version has already appeared in the Geekbench benchmark.
Obviously, the iQOO 8 Pro is already gearing up for a global release. The model, codenamed vivo l2017, appeared recently in Geekbench with the Lahaina chipset; this is the name in use in the benchmark to refer to Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+. Apparently, there have been no big changes in the international version of the smartphone – it uses the same mobile platform as its counterpart for the Chinese market.