In May of this year, Android brought a large-scale revision of the Android 12 system. After that, major mobile phone manufacturers also began to develop new systems. Since Chinese manufacturers all adopt deep customization of the Android system, the adaptation time is longer. According to feedback from users, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, is now getting relevant Android 12 updates. The version number is MIUI 12.5 21.9.25 development version internal test. The biggest highlight of this version of the system is the upgrade to the Android 12 version.
It is worth mentioning that the update log also shows that this update improves the stability of the system and optimizes the fluency of the system. We also expect this update to improve the performance of the MIUI 12.5 system.
However, it is important to note that this update is a cross Android upgrade. Thus, in order to reduce the risk of data loss, users should ensure to back up their data before upgrading. This update takes a relatively long time to start and load. Furthermore, performance and power consumption problems such as heating may occur within a short period after putting on the device. Also, some third-party applications that are not compatible with Android 12 may not work normally.
According to Google, the Android 12 system improves the entire underlying system, which can reduce the CPU time required for core system services by 22%, This also reduces the system’s server use of large cores by 15%. Ultimately, this makes the operation smooth and fast. In terms of privacy protection, the Android 12 alerts users on which apps are accessing users’ data.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1700 nits (peak) brightness, 900 nits (HBM), 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED rear touch always-on display with 450 nits (peak) brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 256GB / 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, f/4.1 aperture, 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p, 1920
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.38mm; Weight: 234g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 67W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging