Recently, the Huawei P50 series with Snapdragon 888 4G officially hit the shelves. The company also released the Huawei nova 9 series with Snapdragon 778G 4G chip. Huawei can only use 4G processors because of the ban on the company by the U.S. According to popular Weibo leakster, @DCS, Huawei will still unveil a new Kirin 9000 4G smartphone. Furthermore, he reveals that most of Huawei’s smartphones for the first half of next year will use Snapdragon chips. The Kirin chips even the 4G model is now going out of print.
The Huawei P50 series uses both Kirin and Snapdragon processors. While the Huawei P50 Pro use both Kirin 9000 and Snapdragon 888 4G, the Huawei P50 uses the Snapdragon 888 4G chip. At the Mate 40 series conference in November 2020, Huawei officially released the Kirin 9000 and Kirin 9000E SoC 5G chips. These chips use the new 5nm process to bring faster performance, lower heat, and more energy-efficient operating experience.
The Kirin 9000 chip integrates 15.3 billion transistors, 30% more than the Apple A14. This chip also uses an eight-core CPU, a 24-core Mali-G78 GPU, 2 large cores + 1 small core NPU, and integrates Huawei’s most advanced ISP technology. Specifically, Kirin 9000 is manufactured using a 5nm EUV TSMC process and integrates a 5G Balong 5000 modem. This SoC is compliant with 8-core CPU, divided into 1x Cortex-A77 @ 3.13 GHz + 3x Cortex-A77 @ 2.54 GHz + 4x Cortex-A55 @ 2.05 GHz.
Huawei P50 series now available for purchase
The Huawei P50 series was released on July 29, and it comes with the HarmonyOS 2 system. A few days ago, the company released the 8GB + 256GB version for the Huawei P50 Pro for purchase. This smartphone comes with a 6,488 yuan price tag. Unfortunately, this device is available on Jingdong mall, and it’s available in China only.
Huawei P50 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ curved OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU / HUAWEI Kirin 9000 4G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB / 512GB storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM
- 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 40 MP True-Chrome Mono Camera with f/1.6 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP telephoto camera with 90mm focal length(3.9x magnification), digital zoom up to 2,700mm focal length (up to 200x), OIS, f/3.5 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP 100° autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 158.8 ×72.8 ×8.5mm; Weight: 195g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4360mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge wired fast charging, 50W HUAWEI SuperCharge wireless fast charging