Last month, Oppo announced ColorOS 12 for the Chinese market. It will offer a redesigned and stylish design and will focus on improving fluidity, comfort and ease of use. The beta testing phase of the new version of the UI in China has entered the active phase. The owners of the flagships Oppo Find X3, Oppo Find X3 Pro, OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro will be the first to try it.
Now the company is preparing to introduce ColorOS 12 to the global market. The announcement of the new version of the shell will take place in a week – October 11. On its YouTube channel, the company has launched a countdown to the international launch of the new iteration of the firmware from Oppo. From the upcoming event, you can expect not only a story about the innovations and changes that will occur in ColorOS 12, but also the announcement of the list of those models that will receive updates, as well as the schedule for the release of updates.
In ColorOS 12, the developers have paid a lot of attention to colors and shadows in order to emphasize more important information. Introduced the Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 to improve the smoothness and feel of system animations. To make the device efficiently use memory and energy, they introduced the AI Self-Smooth Engine 2.0. The chips of the firmware should also include the automatic pairing of a smartphone with a computer, smart watch and other smart gadgets.
Gizchina News of the week
ColorOS 12 new features:
- Overhaul of the user interface based on Infinite Design with new icons, animations, avatars. The design of the icons has been uniform throughout the UI, the colors are more muted
- Optimized position of the UI elements: there are more spaces so that the user cannot get confused
- Increased text contrast, added color shades
- Improved FlexDrop function for multitasking: you can drag an app with a gesture, as well as switch between full-screen view and those in a small and mini window
- Smart Sidebar 2.0 with six innovative tools; including playing music from the web directly within the Music Player app or comparing prices on e-commerce sites
- Connection function between different screens for PC-smartphone connectivity. So you control the smartphone itself from the laptop, for example, and can transfer files quickly (requires Windows 10)
- Car Screen Projection functionality and support for an increasing number of apps; that can be viewed directly from the display of your car
- Emoji: emoji avatars that can be created through the Face Capture algorithm
- Smoother animations
- Performance improvements
- 300 new animations thanks to the Quantum Animation Engine
- AI for the containment of lag in the UI. Tests conducted by Oppo have obtained satisfactory results: a simulation of continuous use for 36 months has in fact led to the aging of the smartphone by only 2.75% and a decrease in reading and writing performance of 5%. The same AI can manage the apps so as to guarantee a personalized use of the smartphone based on the habits and preferences of the users.
- New features for privacy and security (as provided by Android 12)
- Ability to delete metadata from images and videos before they are shared on the network