Samsung already started its 2022 range of smartphones with the Galaxy A13 5G. The first “A(nº)3 series” smartphone was launched at the beginning of this month. Despite initial rumors claiming a full 5G route for Samsung, the company will still be launching 4G-only smartphones in the next year. That said, it’s natural to expect the Galaxy A13 to be the first to include a 4G variant. In fact, it seems to be coming soon as a new variant believed to be this Galaxy A13 4G has been spotted at Geekbench.
The Samsung Galaxy A13 4G manufacturing has allegedly started in India. This isn’t a surprise since the variant may be focused on the Indian market and other markets in Latin America. The prototype version has passed through the Geekbench benchmark and now we know some of its key specifications.
Samsung Galaxy A13 4G passes by Geekbench
The handset passed by the popular benchmarking website with the SM-A135F model number. The device scored 152 points in the single-core tests and 585 in the multi-core department. These results aren’t really impressive, even for Geekbench 5.0 version. The SoC at the helm is Samsung’s Exynos 850. That explains a lot since this is Samsung’s cheapest and least powerful chipset in the current scene. The handset is paired with just 3 GB of RAM and runs Android 12 straight out of the box. That means that the device will run One UI 4 straight out of the box, and this fact may indicate it will come in 2022.
Despite the fact that this variant has 3 GB of RAM, there could be more powerful versions at launch. Of course, this won’t make the Exynos 850 a better chip but will make multitasking smoother. The device may retain its 5G sibling design, and also other aspects may be present like the camera setup and battery capacity.
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 Infinity-V LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth, and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Samsung Pay (NFC)
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.8mm
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
The new variant may appear in January 2022 in key markets.