The Chinese smartphone market is the most lucrative in the world. It is not only the largest smartphone market in the world, it is also the most competitive. Thus, there is usually a stiff battle in the Chinese smartphone market. So, which is the most popular smartphone in the Chinese market? As of now, the answer is iPhone 13 if Counterpoint’s report is anything to go by. According to the latest data from Counterpoint Research, the iPhone 13 ranks first in sales in the Chinese market. In fact, this smartphone has been the best-selling smartphone in China for six weeks.
According to the report, Apple is the largest smartphone maker in China based on iPhone sales in October 2021. After going public, Apple briefly lost the top spot before regaining the lead in early December. In Counterpoint Research’s view, the new iPhone 13 has led the way. Its relatively low starting price in China helped boost sales, along with new cameras and 5G capabilities, among other factors.
Gizchina News of the week
The report also noted that the iPhone 13 models account for 51% of iPhone sales, while the iPhone 13 Pro Max accounts for 23%. The iPhone 13 Pro account for 21% while the iPhone 13 mini account for 5%. Of course, the current success of the iPhone 13 is “also underpinned by the strong performance of the iPhone 12,” which “has contributed to the growth of Apple’s overall sales.”
Apple iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 19 hours of video playback
The iPhone 13 is selling well presently but the sales of this device will dip this year. This is because most iPhone users who are replacing their devices must have done so.