The Xiaomi 12 and Xiaomi 12 Pro recently received the MIUI 13.0.21 stable version system push. This update comes with optimizations for several functions. One of the major addition of this update is the memory fusion function. This feature optimizes the memory recycling mechanism to improve system fluency. The update also optimizes the system stability and fixes the abnormal restart problems. After activating the memory fusion technology, the Xiaomi 12 / 12 Pro system will have an additional 3GB of memory.
At present, the maximum RAM capacity of the Xiaomi 12/12 Pro is 12GB. This means that with the use of memory fusion, these smartphones will have up to 15GB of RAM. This will greatly upgrade the number of background applications and their residence time. In addition to the improvement of daily use, higher memory will also improve the game experience and make the game processing smoother. Furthermore, Xiaomi 12/12 Pro itself also has self-developed dynamic performance scheduling technology. This can intelligently adjust the mobile phone performance release technology in real-time according to the current game scene and progress.
Gizchina News of the week
Taking “Honor of Kings” as an example, when starting the game, Xiaomi 12 Pro will run at full capacity. This will significantly reduce the waiting time for entering the game. However, after starting the game, the smartphone switches to a relatively moderate level, and the refresh rate stabilizes at around 60Hz. During team battles, the refresh rate of the screen will increase to 120Hz. This will allow users to have a more stable and smooth team fight experience. This way, the smartphone effectively preserves its battery.
Xiaomi 12 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80.5 Fov
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 152.7×69.9×8.16mm; Weight: 180g (glass) /179g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable