Chinese manufacturer, Xiaomi, released the Xiaomi 12 series back in December last year. This series currently has three smartphones, Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro, and Xiaomi 12X. A few weeks ago, the company officially released this series globally. Now, Xiaomi India announced through its official Twitter handle that the Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G mobile phone will be released in India soon. At present, Xiaomi has not announced a specific date for the launch of the Xiaomi 12 Pro in India. However, there are speculations that this flagship smartphone will arrive in the first half of April.
After the release in China in December, the Xiaomi 12 series hit the market globally on March 15th. This device is currently available in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, and other countries. Furthermore, it is also available in Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, and the Philippines in Southeast Asia.
Compared with the price of the Chinese version, the Xiaomi 12 series international version price is generally higher. Among them, the retail price of the international version of Xiaomi 12 Pro starts at $999. The Xiaomi 12 starts at $749 while the Xiaomi 12X starts at $649. We can understand why the global version is more expensive than the Chinese model. There will be issues with the shipment, taxes, and government laws that will increase the price on arrival in the country. In terms of configuration, the upcoming Xiaomi 12 Pro in India features a 6.73-inch 2K AMOLED 120Hz display, a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip, a built-in 4600 mAh battery, and supports 120W fast charging.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g (glass) / 204g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable