Xiaomi 12 series is the company’s latest flagship series and one of Xiaomi’s strengths is in its camera department. Today, DxOMark officially released the camera assessment of the Xiaomi 12 Pro. Unfortunately, unlike the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra which was on top of the DxOMark ranking for a long time, the Xiaomi 12 Pro fails woefully. This flagship smartphone has a total score of 131 points, currently ranking 14th. This device ranks below the less expensive Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra which was released in 2020. The Xiaomi 12 Pro is the strongest model of the Mi 12 series at the moment. Furthermore, the camera of this smartphone is also the strongest in the series.
The Xiaomi 12 Pro adopts a triple-camera solution. The camera specifications are a 50MP main camera, a 50MP super wide-angle camera as well as a 50MP portrait camera. The main camera is the world’s first Sony IMX 707, with a 1/1.28-inch outsole, 4-in-1 rear, and a single-pixel can reach 2.44μm. The light intake increases by 49%, and it also comes with a 7P lens. The camera system also supports optical image stabilization.
The remaining two 50MP sub-cameras are Samsung JN1, 50-megapixel, 1/2.76-inch, of which the portrait lens is 5P lens, and the ultra-wide-angle is 6P.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition to the hardware, the camera of the Xiaomi 12 Pro has also been well received in terms of software algorithms. This device supports CyberFocus tracking system, which can automatically identify human bodies, faces, and even cats and dogs. As long as you double-click, you can lock any object at will, and achieve the focus of everything.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g (glass) / 204g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable