Last week saw the premiere of the OnePlus Ace, which will transform into the OnePlus 10R outside of China in a couple of days. Meanwhile, information has been found on the TENAA website about a smartphone with the OnePlus model number PGZ110, which may debut on the market as the OnePlus Ace Youth Edition (Lite). Perhaps the source is wrong in their assumptions and is this the future OnePlus10?
According to the Chinese regulator, OnePlus Ace Youth Edition has a case with dimensions of 164.3×75.8×8.7 mm, on the front panel of which a 6.59-inch screen with a resolution of 2412×1080 pixels is available. The hardware basis of the smartphone is a model 8-core chip at 2.85 GHz (presumably Dimensity 8000 Max).
OnePlus Ace Youth Edition is equipped with 128/256 GB of flash memory, Android 12 operating system with ColorOS shell, 4890 mAh battery and side fingerprint scanner. The front camera here is 16-megapixels and the main camera offers three image sensors 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the OnePlus Ace smartphone.
OnePlus Ace specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz AMOLED display with up to 950 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.85GHz A78 + 4 x 2.0GHz A55) Dimensity 8100-Max 5nm processor with Mali-G510 MC6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (OxygenOS 12 for global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor, f/2.2 aperture; 2MP macro camera with GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3P9SP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.5×8.2mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 150W SuperVOOC fast charging
The design of the OnePlus Ace Youth Edition back panel, inspired by the flagship OnePlus 10 Pro, is noteworthy. It is also interesting that the characteristics of the smartphone repeat those offered in the Oppo K10, which debuted last Sunday. From this, it is possible that OnePlus Ace Youth Edition is just the result of a rebranding of the Oppo K10. Like it or not, we will find out in May, when they are waiting for its premiere.