On May 2, Xiaomi Mall and Xiaomi Jingdong self-operated flagship store showed that the Redmi K50 has a 50 yuan ($8) discount. This takes the starting price of the Redmi K50 8GB + 128GB version to 2349 yuan ($355). This is the only Dimensity 8100 phone in this price range equipped with Samsung’s 2K E4 flexible straight screen. This device has been popular since its release.
The Redmi K50 uses a Samsung 6.67-inch 3200 × 1440 full-screen display with a pixel density of 526PPI, a refresh rate of 120Hz, a touch sampling rate of 480Hz, and supports HDR 10+. Moreover, this screen has obtained the DisplayMate A+ certification, which can be regarded as the best 2K straight screen in the mobile phone industry.
In terms of core configuration, Redmi K50 comes with the MediaTek Dimensity 8100 processor. In the camera department, it has a 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle and 2MP macro. The main camera supports OIS optical image stabilization. To keep its lights on, this device has a 5500 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging. This smartphone also comes with the MIUI 13 operating system out of the box.
Gizchina News of the week
Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, pointed out that the Redmi K50, which is equipped with a 2K screen in this price range, maybe the only one in 2022.
Since the official release of this smartphone, the device has been quite popular. Considering the features it brings for the price tag, its popularity is not entirely a surprise. With the current price cut, more users will find this device attractive.
Redmi K50 Specifications
- 6.67″ 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels) 120Hz OLED screen, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate; contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1; Supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10/10+; 16,000 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, up to 1200 nits peak brightness; protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB /256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM
- Rear cameras: 48MP Sony IMX582 (1/2-inch sensor) main sensor OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro lens and Flicker Sensor; Video recording up to 4K at 30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 sensor; Video recording up to 1080p at 30fps
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76.15 x 8.48 mm; Weight: 201g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors for immersive haptics
- Dual 5G support (n1/ n3/ n5/ n8/ n28a/ n38/ n41/ n77/ n78 bands), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4/5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5) | NavIC:L5, NFC
- 5500mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging support