HMD Global, a Finnish company is in charge of the Nokia brand at the moment. The company recently announced that all devices eligible for the upgrade have been upgraded to Android 12. The next focus of the team’s work is to upgrade Android 13. Nokia Mobile has confirmed some mobile phones that will get the Android 13 update.
The models include
- Nokia XR20 5G
- Nokia G50 5G
- Nokia G11 Plus
- Nokia X20 5G
- Nokia X10 5G
According to Nokia, the mobile phones above will be the first to get the Android 13 update. Also, in Google’s Android Enterprise list, all five Nokia phones will get the new Android 13. Android 13 is on the list of verified operating systems for the Nokia XR20 5G, Nokia G50 5G, Nokia G11 Plus, Nokia X20 5G, and Nokia X10 5G. However, although the latest mobile phones such as Nokia X30 5G and Nokia G60 5G are on the AER list, they do not show support for Android 13.
These five devices aim at enterprise customers. For consumers, the only one confirmed to start Android 13 beta testing is the Nokia X20 5G.
Nokia Bell launches Industrial Metaverse Club
Metaverse is the new tech trend in the industry. Unlike other technologies in the past, Metaverse has the biggest brands working on it. The likes of Meta, Apple, Samsung and others are all working on devices for the Metaverse. Nokia, like others, is also working on Metaverse tech. The company recently established the Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club. The club will discuss corporate planning and digital innovation experience. The Nokia Bell Industrial Metaverse Club is a cooperation between Nokia Bell and other partners. The likes of Finnish Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai Finnish Chamber of Commerce, ABB, Kone, Haier, etc. are part of the partnership.
Nokia Bell says that it will slowly expand the regular communications service to an enterprise level network solution. Nokia says that it will create an open partner ecosystem. With this, it will integrate digital solutions for enterprise end users. Nokia Bell also shows its progress in its work of a 5G network on-site. This includes a rapid deployment of plug and play, minimalist cloud operation and maintenance. The Industrial Metaverse Lab also shows many ideas. This includes digital auto cloud platform NDAC, AR/VR industrial applications running on edge computing MXIE and cluster application NTC.
Gizchina News of the week
Nokia Bell explained 6G research and key technologies
In addition to the Metaverse, Nokia is one of the major players in the progress of a new communication network. In 5G, Nokia is one of the major players along with Huawei and Ericsson. Now, the company is already working on a 6G network. The 2022 Global 6G Development Conference is on. The conference focuses on the 6G vision. The theme of the event is “Drawing the Vision Together and Going Hand in Hand”. Nokia Bell Labs delivered a keynote speech on “6G, Foreseeing the Future”.
The talk focuses on the key trend of 6G as it connects the real world with the digital world. It is clear that the 6G network will be a good boost for the metaverse era in the future. First of all, 6G will be a strong boost to the future metaverse era. It will support apps for the metaverse which centers on interconnection tech. In fact, the core of 6G lies in two major areas. How to enhance human beings and how to better control the physical world around us through a good integration between the physical and digital worlds. In order to help the future metaverse era, 6G has put forward some standards in terms of technical design principles.
The standard includes
- Sustainability: This looks at the energy it consumes per unit bit. There will be a need to boost energy efficiency. Also, carbon emission needs to be at the very minimum.
- Digital inclusiveness: 6G needs to ensure full coverage. To achieve this, there will be a need to integrate ground, air, space, and even water communication systems. This is to ensure that 6G signals can reach every part of the earth.
- Security and privacy: This aspect is very relevant for the new 6G systems. There are many areas to this aspect. There will be a huge number of devices connecting to the network. It will have a wider application of AI tech. It will also have multiple open interfaces. All these aspects leave the system open for data interception. The existence of various hybrid clouds, open source, and equipment from different vendors will bring potential security risks.
6G network layers
Looking at the architecture of the 6G network, we can discuss the future 6G system in terms of high cognition, automation, specialization and customization. We can look at the network from three layers:
- The first layer is the infrastructure layer. The idea of enacting various network functions on cloud platforms will continue to grow.
- The second layer is the network function layer. According to the different standards of app scenarios, different network capabilities are provided to meet the KPI requirements of various applications.
- The third layer is the app layer. There are risks with data transmission and processing. However, a new network later will take care of all these.
Nokia claims that it will solve the issues with 6G using six key tech trends. It will use spectrum tech, AI air interface tech, synarsthesia integration tech, and extreme network to ensure network security and reliability. Nokia calls on the industry to do more research on the 7~20GHz golden frequency band.