WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging services available today, and its developer team is constantly working to improve the user experience. Recently, a new version of the WhatsApp beta application dedicated to iOS-based devices was released, version 22.214.171.124. This latest release, as usual, provides a glimpse into the upcoming features and improvements the developers are working on.
WhatsApp prepares a new feature for group calls
One of the exciting features currently being developed is the ability to schedule group calls. This feature was first discovered in a beta version of WhatsApp for Android a few weeks ago. And it appears that the same functionality is being added to the iOS version as well.
Screenshots of the new context menu show that users will be able to access a scheduling option, allowing them to select the date and time for the group call and assign a name to it. Once the call is scheduled, all members of the group will receive a notification when the call is about to start. Allowing them to join quickly.
This scheduling functionality will be compatible with both audio and video calls. Depending on which call button the user selects to open the context menu. It is unclear when this feature will be available to all WhatsApp users. But it is clear that the developers are working hard to bring this new and exciting feature to the public.
The new feature of scheduling group calls in WhatsApp is a much-awaited update for its users. This addition will allow users to plan ahead of time. And ensure that everyone in the group is available at the scheduled time. The fact that this feature will work on both audio and video calls is a significant advantage. And it will undoubtedly enhance the user experience for WhatsApp users worldwide. As always, the WhatsApp development team continues to innovate and make improvements. Ensuring that it remains one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world.
This is how Whatsapp can be a good competitor to Zoom
Gizchina News of the week
While both WhatsApp and Zoom are communication platforms, they serve different purposes and have different features. So they may not necessarily be direct alternatives to each other. But with the addition of the new features from Whatsapp, the gap seems to be shrinking fast
WhatsApp is primarily a messaging app that allows users to send text, voice messages, photos, and videos to individuals or groups. While it does have a video calling feature, it has a limit of 32 participants in a group video call.
Zoom, on the other hand, is a video conferencing platform that is designed for larger group meetings and webinars. It offers features such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, breakout rooms, and the ability to record and save meetings.
So, while WhatsApp can be a useful tool for one-on-one or small group video calls. It may not be the best option for larger meetings or webinars. Zoom, on the other hand, is designed specifically for these purposes and offers a range of features to facilitate these types of interactions.
In recent times, video conferencing platforms like Zoom have gained immense popularity. Thanks to the pandemic and the rise of remote work. While Zoom has been the go-to choice for many, there are other platforms that offer similar features and benefits. One such platform is WhatsApp, a popular messaging app that has been around for quite some time.
While WhatsApp is primarily used for messaging and sharing multimedia files, it also has features that make it a viable alternative to Zoom. In the following points, we’ll explore how WhatsApp can be used as an alternative to Zoom.
- Group Video Calls WhatsApp has a group video call feature that allows you to connect with up to 32 people at once. This feature is similar to Zoom’s group video call feature, which allows up to 100 people to join a call. While WhatsApp may not be suitable for large team meetings or webinars, it is an excellent option for small team meetings or catch-up sessions.
- Screen Sharing WhatsApp also allows users to share their screens during video calls. This feature is useful when you need to give a presentation or walk someone through a process. Similarly, Zoom also allows screen sharing, making it a popular choice for virtual presentations.
- Security has always been a concern with video conferencing platforms. Zoom came under fire in 2020 for security issues, such as “Zoombombing,” where uninvited guests join a Zoom call and disrupt the meeting. WhatsApp, on the other hand, uses end-to-end encryption, ensuring that your calls and messages are private and secure. While Zoom has since taken steps to improve its security, WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption is a valuable feature. It gives users peace of mind.
- Ease of Use One of the biggest advantages of using WhatsApp is its ease of use. The app is simple and intuitive, and most people are already familiar with it. This makes it an excellent option for those who may not be tech-savvy. Or those who prefer a more straightforward platform. Zoom, on the other hand, can be daunting for some users. Particularly those who are not familiar with video conferencing platforms.
- Availability Finally, WhatsApp is available on both mobile and desktop platforms, making it accessible to a wide range of users. Zoom is also available on multiple platforms. But the desktop version can be resource-intensive and may not work well on older computers.
In conclusion, WhatsApp is an excellent alternative to Zoom for small team meetings, catch-up sessions, or virtual presentations. It offers features such as group video calls, screen sharing, end-to-end encryption, ease of use, and availability. While Zoom may be more suitable for larger team meetings or webinars, WhatsApp is an excellent option for those who prefer a simpler, more straightforward platform.