One of the many problems people were having when purchasing iPhone 4’s was the fact that many of the phones were locked to certain carriers. To unlock them you would need to Jailbreak their phone and use a Cydia hack, but a new exploit found in iOS 5 on the iPhone 4S allow users to unlock their phones with out the need for a Jailbreak!
Keep reading for instructions on how to unlock your iPhone 4S without a jailbreak and to watch the video of the hack in action!
Gizchina News of the week
How to unlock iPhone 4S instructions
- Insert the original AT&T SIM card for your iPhone.
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline but drop the call before it connects.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Take out the AT&T SIM card.
- Insert T-Mobile (the hack has only be tried with a T-mobile sim) SIM card.
- Make sure the WiFi is off and you choose ‘forget this network’ from the settings.
- Switch off Airplane Mode and let the iPhone search for networks. This is followed by the Apple splash screen.
- The ‘Activation Required’ screen will be displayed on screen.
- EDGE network will activate automatically as you can see from the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen.
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone.
- Turn on the iPhone and the same ‘Activation Required’ screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert other SIM card
- Your iPhone 4S should now be unlocked!
Watch the iPhone 4S unlock how to video below
Will this unlock work on the iPhone 4 with iOS 5?
We are now wondering if the same hack can be applied to the iPhone 4 with iOS 5?! If anyone out there has a locked iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and feel like giving this unlock hack a try please let us know how it works out in the comments area below!