The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) leaped on to store shelves this past weekend and in to customers trolleys thanks to the incredible specification and low $400 price tag, but what if you want more from your Tab 2? Then you are going to want to Root you Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and here’s how to!
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Before we get down to all the Rooting goodness there are a few things we must point out. Rooting your Android device is usual very safe, however if you do screw it up it’s on your own head! But, don’t worry you won’t 🙂
What to download
To gain Root access to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 you are going to first have to download a few packages and tools links for which are as follows:
- Download ODIN 1.85 package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Root.
- Download recovery.tar.md5 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Root.
- Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Root.
Instructions how to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Now that you have downloaded everything you need to root your new Samsung tablet let’s get to work!
- First you will need to copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip to the ROOT of your sdcard or /mnt/extSdCard. Make sure you copy this to the SD card and NOT the internal memory or it won’t work!
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 then restart in “download mode”. To do this push the and hold the “power” button while pressing the “Volume Down” at the same time, then push UP on the Volume button to access the download mode.
- Check to ensure that Kies is closed and not running on the tablet.
- Make sure your tablet is NOT connected to your PC then extract the Odin3 v1.85.exe file you downloaded above and run it.
- Now you can connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to your computer.
- In the Odin app, choose the PDA button then select the recovery.tar.md5 file you downloaded and hip the START button. Sit back and wait you will know everything is going well as your Tab 2 will reboot.
- Disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it off. Once off restart in “Recovery Mode” by pussing the “Power” button and the “Volume Up” at the same time.
- Once you are in recovery, use the volume button to choose the cwm-root-gtab2.zip file and hit the “Power” button to select it. The cwm-root-gtab2.zip file should be in the Root of the SD card as stated in step 1.
- You Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will now recover and once rebooted will be fully ROOTED!
Enjoy you newly Rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and why not share your comments, ideas and thoughts in the comments section below!