First DOOGEE, then Elephone and now Zopo, get on board the Android Kitkat bandwagon with an upcoming update for the octacore Zopo ZP998.
Zopomobileshop uploaded the following video showing the flagship octacore Zopo ZP998 running a beta version of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. We have reached out to Zopo who tell us that the ROM is still under beta testing and not ready for a general launch.
Gizchina News of the week
Zopo ZP998 running Android 4.4 Kitkat
Which Chinese phone maker will be next with a Kitkat update? And when will se see KK on quad-core Mediatek phones? Keep posted for more news.
Just beta? Come on in 2-3 months we have android 4.5 or 5.0. If the Chinese Manufacturer could also be speedier in software and not only in pushing new devises. I can’t wait for these update because this phone has so many bugs. I hope some of them get fixed for real now. The most lacking is the software.
I would also be interested in how the battery life increases over 4.2.2. Supposedly that has been improved in 4.4.2. Would be nice to have a comparison. Especially in highend phones like the 998 and the relatively small battery.
What about us 980 users! Are we going to die with 4.2
Yes, I’d like to know about this also.
Andi, can you reach out to Zopo for an official statement on which models will be getting the KitKat upgrade?
I honestly can’t remember the source, but, i read somewhere that they’ll be updating all their octa core units to kit kat first not sure if they’ll update their quad cores
yes .. absolutely right .. you gonna die with 4.2 …
Rocking MIUI V5 4.4.25 with my G4S but still want a Kitkat just for fun, c’mon Jiayu.
Desponent, would love your feedback on the following aspects of the g4s:
– screen quality at angles
– builds and creaks
– call reception and transmission. Read a few negatives about the call quality on Russian forums
– stability and crashes
– gps quality and wifi quality
– superb, way better than most sony phone, about on par with LG and Oppo higher end (which I personally found to have the best phone screen)
– almost flawless if not for the little creak if you push the back cover part where the indent to open it is located, I suspect it’s because of my country’s custom improper handling during transit thought
– can’t find anything wrong with it personally…
– can’t comment on stock rom since I pretty much tinkered with it day one (root, cwm, aptoide, various init.d scripts etc), but even then it never crash.
– wifi is on par or better than my laptop, haven’t had much opportunity to use gps yet but it locked on my current position just fine.
Goody! Perhaps it’s time for me to stop waiting for a price drop on it! Thanks 🙂
And it’s pretty much perfect with MIUI rom. 😉
Hmm do you know if your phones display framerate is locked at 52 Fps or 60?
Of not, could you run Quadrant, and see what the max fps is? Many mediatek phones are locked at 52 fps and I just really don’t like it 🙁
But does Zp998 managed to solve the mute sound recording video bug?
So poor quality sound for recirded video. Bad for Zp998!
Andi, any update from Zopo about when it will be released?
Kitkat update never came…