The first OTA available for the OnePlus 2 is rolling out as we speak and brings with it an important Stagefright security patch plus other features.
The OnePlus 2 hasn’t had quite the same impact as the OnePlus One but the excitement is still there. In China the company managed to sell 30,000 phones in just over 64 seconds (many to scalpers, and 10k shy of ZUK), and have well over 2 million international users registered for invites.
The international version of the OP2 runs Oxygen OS, a near stock Android Lollipop install with just a few changes here and there, but if you check your system updates you should find an OTA available.
OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS OTA changelog
- Added a patch for the Stagefright security exploit
- Improves battery performance
- Improves user interface logic and coherence
- Fixed an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Photos
- Fixed an issue where Dark Mode would cause instability in certain apps
- Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card
- Additional support for global carrier APNs
- Other improvements and bug fixes
If you don’t see an update available now never fear as it is being rolled out gradually with user in India getting to download it first. If you cannot wait for the OTA to arrive though, you can download the patch and sideload it to your phone now.
I will be attempting to manually install the update on my Chinese OP2 running Oxygen OS today. Those users who have already tried the update have had various success, some claiming they have had issues while others reporting no problems, so please be careful and back up your phone if you feel you want to attempt this.Source ]