Asus dumps Intel processors for all their upcoming phones

Asus dumps Intel processors for all their upcoming phones

19
SHARE
Asus

While the Intel processors are totally taking over the tablet and convertible market, their effort in gaining some foothold in phones has failed spectacularly. Even though major players like Asus and Lenovo are their official partners both companies totally dumped the Intel mobile processors in their upcoming models in favor of Qualcomm and Mediatek.

Latest nail in the Intel phone coffin is the announcement of the Asus CEO Jerry Shen, who stated that none of the Asus Zenfone 3 models is going to feature the Intel processor. The new Zenfone generation should be coming in June and about 90 % of the lineup will be equipped with Qualcomm CPUs, the remaining 10 % with Mediatek ones.

Asus expects that roughly two thirds of the Zenfone 3 production will be focused on the Zenfone 3 Max model while the Deluxe and Standard editions will occupy only one third. The new Asus models are expected to stay within the 1699-1999 yuan price range ($260-$306) and as mentioned before should arrive somewhere in June.

Previous articleVideo demonstrates Yi 4K's image stabilisation (vs GoPro Hero 4)
Next articleSnapdragon 652 version of the LeEco 2 is coming
SHARE