While MIUI is a treat to the eyes, the operating system has its own way of functioning which can cause issues at times. One of these issues is a nagging one, especially for fitness freaks; that of Strava not working properly.
MIUI by default doesn’t let apps in the background access GPS, which is what causes this issue. We faced the same, and thought of finding a solution. It seems pretty straightforward, keep reading if your Xiaomi or other MIUI phone doesn’t work fine with Strava.
How to fix Xiaomi and MIUI phones’ issue with Strava
Here’s what you need to do to solve the bug:
- Pull down toggle bar.
- Hold the GPS icon to reach GPS settings.
- Here, enable “Allow background location”
- Return to GPS settings
- Here, go to Background location access > Allow the app (Strava in this case) by selecting it.
To make sure the app isn’t killed while in background,
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Battery > Manage app battery usage, now disable/turn off the following options.
- Manage app battery usage > Restrict apps when battery is low
- Now, reboot the device and check.
- Open the Security App > Data Usage > Data Usage Stats, select the apps and check whether “Background data” is allowed or not. You want this to be enabled.
As simple as that! Enjoy having a track of your trips and runs on Strava. 😉
Let us know if this worked for you. This solution was found on the MIUI forums, where you can find more info about the issue.