Is there anything that isn’t “smart” anymore? Sure, we already had LED strips that could be controlled via remote and that was already quite neat. Apparently not enough for electronics maker Koogeek, their LED strips can indeed be controlled via WiFi; let’s learn more about it, shall we?
So, as you’ve just read, this Koogeek Smart LED Strip can be operated via WiFi, more specifically it supports Siri voice control and Apple’s HomeKit technology. That means you can set light colors or adjust light brightness using the Koogeek Home app and Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch.
The LED strip is also very flexible, so you can shape the 2-meter long strip to the desired forms and use the adhesive tape on the back to attach it to most clean, dry and flat solid surfaces.
It can show up to 16 million colors and it’s possible to create scenes and control multiple HomeKit-enabled light strips with different light colors and brightness at the same time. So you can turn a scene on or off by tapping it, setting a timer or just asking Siri. It’s also very easy to setup, you simply connect it to an USB power source, configure it from the Koogeek Home app over a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and you’re ready to go.
Koogeek Smart LED Strip Specifications
- Certificate: CE-RED, FCC ID, MIC, RoHS, Wi-Fi
- Material: 5050 SMD LED + 3M adhesive tape
- Interface: USB connector
- Input: DC 5V / 2A (Max)
- Rated power: 10W
- LED quantity: 60 * light emitting diodes
- LED type: RGB SMD 5050 LED
- Luminous flux: 500lm (Max)
- Rated lifetime: 25,000 hours (22.8 years — based on 3 hours use per day)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)
- Home Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz ONLY)