Today, Sony held a new product launch conference in Taiwan where the company officially released the new Xperia XA2 Plus and it came with a NT$15,990 ($521) price tag. This smartphone is consistent with the ultra-narrow bezel design of the Xperia XA series. It comes with a 6-inch screen with a FHD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 18:9. It currently has three colour options which include pure black, gold and thermal green.
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. In the camera department, we have a 23MP rear camera which supports AI intelligence scene recognition and can identify 52 smart scene. On the front, we have an 8MP shooter. The lights of this smartphone are kept on by a 3580 mAh battery with support for QC 3.0 fast charge.
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Image Enhance Technology, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 400GB via microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 23MP rear camera with 1/2.3″ Exmos RS sensor, Hybrid Auto-Focus, 84° wide-angle f/2.0 lens
- 8MP front camera with 120° super wide-angle f/2.4 lens, 1/4″ Exmor R sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 75 x 9.6 mm; Weight: 205g
- Fingerprint sensor
- High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD), LDAC5, DSEE HX
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,580 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charging
The first official sale of the Xperia XA2 Plus in Taiwan will take place sometime next month.