A couple of months ago, South Korean manufacturing giant, LG, released its “budget-friendly” LG Q7. Now, the company has done the same in the second largest smartphone market in the world (India) and it comes with a INR 15,990 ($228) price tag. This smartphone will be available in Aurora Black and Moroccan Blue and will penetrate retail outlets on September 1.
This smartphone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750S SoC clocking 1.5Ghz coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 2TB via a micro-SD card. It is equipped with a 5.5-inch, 18:9 FullVision Display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. In the camera department, the LG Q7 comes with a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP shooter for selfies. It runs on Android Oreo and its lights are kept on by an average 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge.
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision Display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (Q7) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Q7+) expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP (Q7+) / 13MP f(Q7) rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP (100-degree Super Wide Angle) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround, Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+ only)
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0
- 3,000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
Although LG launched three variants from the Q Series, LG Q7, LG Q7+, and LG Q7 Alpha in June, this year, only the LG Q7 was released for India and there is no information regarding the other two.