After a period of beta testing phase, OnePlus decided to roll out today the stable Android 9.0 Pie update to all eligible OnePlus 6 smartphones. The flagship killer now is part of a select group of smartphones that have already received the latest Google’s flavor of Android.
We have to give a “thumbs up” for the Chinese company since it’s been just a month and a half since Google released Pie. Considering the Android firms, in the best case scenario don’t take less than two months to deliver a major update, that’s a new mark for OnePlus. Of course, things are a bit different this year, we have Project Treble and a lot of companies, OnePlus included, were part of Android Pie Beta program.
OnePlus 6 Android Pie update brings a ton of improvements and UI refreshments to the handset. You can check the full changelog below:
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
Other new features and system improvements:
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
Since this update is rolling out in an incremental form, it should take some time to arrive at all OnePlus 6 owners. If you haven’t received it yet, be patient and keep checking for the update notification.