Xiaomi is all set to launch the latest in its massively successful Redmi Note series in India. First introduced in China back in September, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has made a stopover in a couple of countries and is now set to launch for the Indi market.
Xiaomi via lastest media invite has said it will be announcing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro in India on November 22, after which it will be available for sale on November 23rd, at about 12 noon, just a day after launch, and right in time for the Black Friday sales.
A successor to the last year launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, the Redmi Note 6 Pro possibly will retain all the key features, as well as designs of the Redmi Note 6 Pro first launched in China, although a slight variant might not be entirely ruled out. The device flaunts a 6.26″ display with a notch and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC coupled with up to 6/64 GB RAM storage configurations. It gets a total of four cameras – a dual camera system on both the front and the back, and boots Android Oreo out of the box.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
We are not sure how much Xiaomi will be offering the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro in India, however, it is tipped to come in Black, Blue, and Rose Gold colors with a likely price tag of Rs. 14,999, similar to its predecessor.