OnePlus is one of the companies that strives to have a good customization layer, as well as having an appearance similar to Android “stock”, and now just announced the arrival of Android Pie in beta form for the OnePlus 5 and 5T, its flagships of last year.
This beta for the OnePlus 5 and 5T comes shortly after the introduction of the OnePlus 6T Mclaren Edition, which already included an OxygenOS version based on Android Pie.
OnePlus has put a lot of emphasis on this new update, greatly improving the gesture system already available in OxygenOS and above all making the interface as similar as possible to Android “stock” in terms of design, something that is missed in Oreo.
Among the improvements to the update, there is the possibility of using more applications with the Parallel Applications functionality, the improved gesture system that already includes the OnePlus 6 and 6T and some Do Not Disturb mode improvements.
Gizchina News of the week
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations