Today, Chinese manufacturer, Realme, launched the Realme X and Realme X Lite in an event in Beijing. Technically, the “complete” specs of the Realme X has been online for some days now but the Realme X Lite was not really speculated like the former. The Realme X comes with a full-screen pop-up camera design and its center position gives it a better self-timer angle.
The pop-up camera comes with a precise pulse motor design and it has a 0.74s speed for rising and dropping. Also, the company claims that it can seamlessly slide up and down 200,000 times which is more than enough for a smartphone lifetime. This smartphone is equipped with a 6.53-inch display with a resolution of 2340×1080. Due to the design, the screen-to-body ratio is as high as 91.2%.
Not only that, Realme X supports an on-screen fingerprint sensor. According to the official introduction, Realme combined with Qualcomm and Huiding to optimize the chip drive acceleration algorithm and speed up the unlocking. At the same time, compensating light is used to enhance the fingerprint edge signal collection capability and further improve the accuracy.
Realme X Specifications
- Body: Plastic back and frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front; 161.3×76.1×8.6mm, 191g; Steam white and Punk blue color schemes.
- Screen: 6.53-inch, 19.5:9 aspect, 1080x2340px resolution, 394ppi, OLED.
- Rear Camera: Primary 48MP, f/1.7 lens; secondary 5MP depth sensor; LED flash; 4K@30fps video recording.
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0; 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 710, octa-core CPU (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver), Adreno 616.
- Memory: 4/6/8GB of RAM, 64/128GB of storage, no microSD slot.
- OS: Android 9 Pie; ColorOS 6.0 on top.
- Battery: 3,765mAh, 20W VOOC 3.0 charging.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, FM radio, USB-C, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Under-display optical fingerprint scanner.
The Realme X is powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710AIE mobile platform coupled with 4GB/6GB or even 8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage. In the camera department, it has a dual rear camera setup which includes a Sony IMX 586 48MP f/1.7 main sensor coupled with a 5MP f/2.4 depth-sensor. For selfies, there’s a Sony IMX471 16MP f/2.0 pop-up camera. The Realme X has three variants which include 4GB RAM + 64 GB storage, 6GB RAM + 128GB storage, and 8GB RAM + 128 GB storage. These smartphones cost1,499 yuan (∼$218) 1,599 yuan (∼$233) and 1,799 yuan (∼$276) respectively. From May 20, the Steam White and Punk Blue two colour options will hit the market in China.