OnePlus 5 and 5T has received the upgrade to OxygenOS Open Beta 35 and 33 a few days after the previous update. The changelog is similar to the one seen a few days ago for OnePlus 6 and 6T, with the only difference is the introduction of the Zen Mode that users had already waited for already with the Open Beta 33 and 31. The Chinese company then announces that these are the latest Open Beta builds that will be released for the two smartphones.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
- Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping and holding on them
- Optimized user experience by allowing you to use this app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled
- Improved animation effects when switching between pages
- Improved experience with searching for contacts
- Optimized Quick Responses for declined calls and supported editing Quick Responses
- Zen Mode
- Added Zen Mode helping you keep away from the screen and back to life for 20 minutes
Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as the official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)