We have been talking about HTC devices for a few weeks and a possible launch by the company. Today we can finally announce that one of these mobiles has been officially available. It is the HTC Wildfire X, a renewal of the classic HTC phone and possibly one of the best Android phones we have had over the years. The reality is that its renovation does not have much to do with the old phone, something normal knowing that many years have passed.
The first thing you should know about this HTC Wildfire X is that it has not been manufactured by HTC. The company, in order to improve its situation, decided to license its name so that other manufacturers could launch devices under its name. This new Wildfire X has been manufactured by an Indian company that most likely has no intention of selling outside of their country.
The HTC Wildfire X is a new mid-range smartphone
Perhaps the most interesting thing about this new HTC is its design. The images show an attractive design with a triple rear camera. It has USB C and also a headphone jack, but everything that seemed interesting so far fades when we take a look at the internal features.
HTC Wildfire X specifications
Gizchina News of the week
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) 19:9 display
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25um pixel size, LED flash, 8MP camera for 2x Lossless Optical Zoom and 8x Hybrid Zoom, 5MP depth sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera, 86-degree FoV
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.94×7.95mm; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11ac , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type C
- 3300mAh (typical) built-in battery with 10W charging
It does not have a very favorable screen resolution, its processor is one of the most basic of the mid-range and its camera does not seem to contribute much to the current mid-range ecosystem.
Its features do not stand out in any section and is below the majority of Xiaomi or Samsung terminals. It is not a device that brings anything new or interesting to the mid-range. So its success will almost certainly depend on its design and the company’s advertising investment. Although the Indian market is emerging, companies such as Xiaomi, Redmi or Realme have very interesting devices for sale.
Price and availability of HTC Wildfire X
The HTC Wildfire X comes in Sapphire Blue color, and is priced at Rs. 9,999 (about $140) for the 3GB RAM with 64GB storage version. And the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 12,999 (about $182). It will be available from Flipkart starting from August 22nd.