What if the LG V50S ThinQ and G8X ThinQ were the same smartphone? The news is reported by the Korean site SportsSeoul – later taken up by Slashleaks – according to which the first one would be nothing more than the model that will be sold at home, while the second will represent the international version, dedicated to the global market. In other words, only LG G8X will arrive to us and not the other.
The other important difference concerns the connectivity: despite being identical in aesthetics in all respects, the V50S will, however, support the next-generation 5G networks, and G8X will instead be “limited” to 4G. So smartphones both can count on the dual display of the teaser with which LG invited the experts to participate in the event at IFA.
Gizchina News of the week
We have already seen the logo of the V50S smartphone too – shared by Evan Blass just a few days ago, and we could appreciate the aesthetic characteristics of the renderings published by OnLeaks in the first half of August. At this point we can make a brief summary of the specific expectations specs of the smartphone, emphasizing the unique, important difference:
- 6.4″ display witht a drop notch to accommodate the front camera
- Fingerprint sensor integrated in the display
- Dual screen support
- When closed, the cover that integrates the dual-screen offers the possibility to check the time. Alongside with notifications, weather and other information via a small 2.1″ display.
- Whale browser support, optimized for dual display
- G8X: 4G
- V50S: 5G
- Dual rear camera with LED flash
The appointment is for tomorrow, 6 September. To know all the news that LG has in store for us.