Today, Redmi TV, a large 70-inch display hit the market. According to an official report, the sales volume exceeds 15,000 in 15 just minutes. The reasons for this success are quite simple. First, the price is unbelievably cheap, only 3,799 yuan ($535). The average price of similar products on the market is as high as 5,689 yuan ($801). Secondly, early adopters got a 400 yuan ($56) discount and got this TV for 3399 yuan ($479). Redmi TV 70-inches is Redmi’s first TV and it comes with a 4K ultra-HD giant screen. The display area is 60% more than the mainstream 55-inch TV and it is much cheaper.
Looking at the technical aspect of this TV, it has a 70-inch screen with a 60% larger display. With its 4K HDR compatibility, the price is indeed very attractive. On the software end, it comes with a sixth-generation Picture Quality Engine. This TV is powered by Amlogic quad-core 64-bit processor which clocks up to 1.5GHz. That CPU is assisted by 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. For a good sound experience, there’s Dolby Audio as well as DTS-HD audio. You also get 3 HDMI, 2 USB ports, and Dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac along with Bluetooth 4.2.
Gizchina News of the week
The software, as usual, is PatchWall and there’s a baked-in voice assistant for remote control just like Xiaomi’s TVs. We’re expecting Redmi to announce other models of the TV as well now as part of the company’s vision to diversify its portfolio into other smart home ecosystem products.
Redmi TV Summary
- 70-inch giant screen, the display area is about 60% larger than 55 inches
- 4K panel, 6th generation image quality engine, support HDR decoding
- Built-in AI assistant, standard Bluetooth voice remote control
- Hundreds of massive content
- Multi-format file direct reading, mobile phone scanning code projection, large screen office
- Morningstar quad-core 64-bit processor, 2GB+16GB storage