OPPO’s Realme brand today at a launch event in India officially announced the Realme XT – its latest device in the X series, and its first-ever smartphone to come with a 64MP camera. It should be competing with Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 Pro which arrives the country soon.
The scene-stealer is obviously the device’s Quad camera setup, even though this isn’t its first Quad camera smartphone. While the Realme 5 takes that glory, the Realme XT is Realme’s first device to come fitted with the 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1 sensor which uses a 4-in-1 pixel binning technology to deliver high-quality 16MP images. Although it also has an Ultra 64MP mode that allows it outputs full-resolution images at 9216×6912 pixels.
Other than the camera features, the Realme XT also boasts of a 4000mAh battery with support for a 20W VOOC fast charger that comes bundled with the device. With the 20W fast charger, Realme claims you can fully charge the 4000mAh phone to full capacity in just 80minutes.
The Realme XT also gets a peculiar design which feels like an evolution of the Realme 3 Pro featuring the same gradient design, but now under a Hyperbola 3D Corning Gorilla glass design. On the left-hand corner, the Realme XT houses a vertically aligned quad-camera setup featuring an 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro in addition to the primary 64MP camera.
Other noteworthy specs include a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint sensor and a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It has a water-drop cutout for a 16MP camera. Under the hood, the XT the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 AIE octa-core processor manufactured using 10nm process, though the company also teased an improved variant with the Snapdragon 730G SoC. The improved variant as per the teaser will go official later in December 2019. Lastly, the XT boots ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie out of the box, and will get Android 10 update in the very first Quarter of 2020.
Realme XT specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 550nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM, 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.16×8.55mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery (typical) with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
Realme XT Price
The Realme XT will go on sale in India from September 16 via the Realme store and Flipkart. It is priced at 15,999 rupees (~$225) for the 4GB/64GB model, 16,999 rupees (~$239) and 18,999 rupees (~$267) for the 6GB/64GB and 8GB/128GB variants.