Chinese OEMs have a proven bad track record of late Android OS updates. However, times have been changing lately with some of them including Xiaomi and Realme giving software a lot of priority. OnePlus, on the other hand, is now in a league of its own as the company has just pushed the send button on Android 10 stable OTAs. Yes, believe it or not, the OnePlus 7, and OnePlus 7 Pro are now receiving the latest stable version complete with a new Oxygen OS 10.0. The OTA comes as a hefty 2 GB package with September security patches. Below is the complete changelog. OnePlus has a detailed post describing all the new features with images. Check it out here.
The update is rolling out in phases so it should arrive on your respective devices in the coming week or so. Also, the VPN might not work as the rollout is random and not based on region. As for US carriers, T-Mobile users are likely to get the update as testing has kicked off recently.
– Upgraded to Android 10
– Brand new UI design
– Enhanced location permissions for privacy
– New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
– Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
– Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
– New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
– Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
– Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)