Earlier this month, OnePlus released the Android 10 based beta for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The company followed with another update just a day a few days ago to squash some remaining bugs. Now, the company is rolling out the official OxygenOS 10 update which brings the new version of Android at fully to both flagships.
With the latest update, OnePlus is moving OxygenOS straight to version number 10. That’s an interesting choice that will allow the Chinese firm to keep the number of its versions aligned with future Android releases. As you may expect from every big Android release, the new release brings a new UI, enhanced local permissions, and new settings customization feature.
OxygenOS 10 introduces Game Space which offers quick access to all your games and options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization in one place. Besides, the new build includes full-screen gestures which let you let swipe inwards from the left or right edge of the display to go back. If you’re interested in the full details about this update you can check the changelog below.
Gizchina News of the week
OxygenOS 10 update changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
OxygenOS 10 is currently rolling out over the air in a staged manner. That means that only a limited number of users will receive the update right now. Hopefully, a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found. We expect OnePlus to reveal more details about the Android 10 update plans for its older models during its launch event in New Delhi, India on September 26.