After the first experiment at the end of 2018, Xiaomi tries again and launches on the Chinese market the second generation of Mi AirDots Pro, true wireless earphones that do not hide their inspiration from Apple’s AirPods, but that try to stand out with regard to the features offered.
The Mi AirDots Pro 2 supports Bluetooth 5.0 and LDHC Hi-Res audio codec, smart voice controls, dual microphones for ENC, which is environmental noise cancellation. It also has 14.2mm drivers for better audio output. It automatically connects with the phone running MIUI when you open the case and pick up the earphones.
There are touch controls and vocal, as well as an infrared sensor to pause playback when the earphones are removed from the ears.
Each earpiece weighs only 4.5 grams, while the box weights 50-gram. The autonomy is 4 hours of continuous listening, which rises to 14 total hours by placing the earphones in the housing/power bank, rechargeable in one hour through USB Type C. The new Xiaomi Mi AirDots Pro 2 comes in white color and will be available in China from 27 September, at the price of 399 yuan, which at current exchange rates equals around $56.
Mi AirDots Pro 2 specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 (LDHC/SBC/AAC codes) to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 14.2mm drivers
- Touch controls for volume and track change
- Dual microphones for noise cancellation, voice control
- Infrared sensor for intelligent wear detection so it automatically pauses when you remove them
- Semi-in-ear design to fit your ear canal, making it comfortable to wear and doesn’t fall off easily.
- Each headset weigh just 4.5 grams, Case weighs 50 grams
- 4 hours of standalone playback, 14 hours with the case, USB Type-C charging for the case to charge in 1 hour