We’ve been hearing about the Honor 20 Youth edition from the sub-brand of Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei for quite some time, and now we know we know when exactly to expect the device.
Following the official teasers and its appearance on TENAA, the Chinese brand again confirmed the Honor 20 Lite/youth edition, while also revealing its launch date. The device, as per Honor’s Weibo post arrives officially in China tomorrow, October 15th. The device will join the likes of the Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro and the more affordable Honor 20i, though we are not sure where it will be positioned in terms of pricing.
Other than the launch date, the teaser once again confirms the Hoor 20 Youth Edition will get a waterdrop notch display and an in-display fingerprint scanner compared to punch-hole display and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner in the HONOR 20.
As you may already know, the Huawei subsidiary already sells a device under the Honor 20 Lite moniker outside of China, however, the Chinese model could have a handful of differences compared to the global model. It is also plausible the brand might adopt the Honor 20Youth edition moniker instead of the Lite prefix. Honor brand is also reportedly planning the launch of the Honor V30, though we are not certain if that will launch alongside the Honor 20 Lite.
Honor 20 Youth Edition TENAA
From its listing on TENAA, we do know the device will come flaunting a 6.3-inch FHD+ OLED screen with FHD resolutions, in-display fingerprint scanner, and triple rear camera setup. The camera should come in the form of a 48MP main cam coupled with an 8MP wide-angle, and a 2MP depth sensor.
Gizchina News of the week
HONOR 20 Youth Edition/ Lite rumored specifications
- 6.3-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP camera
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.2×73.2×7.65mm; Weight: 172.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (mAh) battery with 20W fast charging