After months of drip-feeding information, and some unofficial leaks, Oppo’s Realme has today finally announced the Realme X2 Pro. The Realme X2 Pro as the moniker suggests is an advanced variant of the Realme X2, but the similarities end only at the moniker. The device is a major leap over the Realme X2, as it is the brand’s first foray into the flagship segment, And with this, the brand is taking on flagship devices from the likes of Xiaomi, Redmi, Honor and OnePlus.
Realme X2 Pro Price in China
The Realme X2 Pro has only been announced for the Chinese market where it will go on sale from October 18 at a starting price of 2,599 Yuan (~$367). That is what you will pay for the base variant with 64GB RAM and 64GB storage. You will have to part with CNY2,899 ($410/€370) if you decide to opt-in for the 8GB/128GB model, or you can shell out as much as CNY3,299 ($465/€425) for the top-end version with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
At the same CNY3,299 ($465/€425) price point, Realme is also selling the Realme X2 Pro Master Edition with 12GB/256GB. But for a limited time, the brand is offering you a discount of CNY100 ($15/€12) on all the models. You can already make pre-orders, and that will be on until October 17th, while the first sale will hold on October 18th at 10:00 AM (local time).
The Realme X2 Pro gets pretty the same design with the Realme X2, complete with a Quad Camera setup, a water-drop notch, buth with a wider footprint. The Realme X2 Pro comes fitted with a 6.55-inch FHD+ display with 91.7% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10+ support, DC Dimming 2.0, 90Hz refresh rate and 135Hz touch sampling rate.
It gets the same un-display fingerprint scanner, but this time, Realme says scanner behind the screen is a lot faster with an unlock time of 0.23 seconds down from 0.36s on the X2. The device gets a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and back, features Dual Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio certification, and 4D game vibration.
Gizchina News of the week
Similar to a number of flagship devices including the Oneplus 7T, and 7T Pro, the Realme X2 Pro comes kitted with the Snapdragon 855+ chipset with Adreno 640 GPU. And for better heat dissipation, the X2 Pro gets a liquid cooling so the heat can be evenly distributed. Also, it has HyperBoost 2.0 for more stable frame rates while Touch Boost 2.0 will increase touch responsiveness by 35%.
Powering the device is a massive 4000mAh battery with 50W SuperVOOC Flash charge fast charging that promises to jack up the phone up to 60% in 15 minutes and 100% in 35 minutes. Besides the 50W flash charge, the device also supports USB-PD and Qualcomm’s 18W rapid charging.
For photos and videos, the Realme X2 Pro retains the X2’s Quad camera setup, but with slight modifications. There is the usual 64MP regular camera with a bright f/1.8 aperture and 0.8µm pixels, joined by an 8MP 115° ultra-wide-angle lens capable of shooting 2.5cm macro shots, 13-megapixel telephoto lens for 20x hybrid zoom, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 16MP camera on the front.
RealmeX2 Pro Master Edition
Created by renowned Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa, the Realme X2 Pro Master Edition gets a frosted glass, logo and master signature design on the back. And that is about the only differences, internals specs remain the same.
realme X2 Pro specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 100% DCI -P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 3.0) / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 13MP Telephoto lens with 1/3.4″ sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom, 2.5cm macro, 8MP 115° 1/3.13″ ultra-wide angle lens with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size, 960fps slow-motion
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161×75.7×8.7mm; Weight: 199g
- 4000mAh battery (typical) / 3920mAh (minimum) with 50W (10W/5A) SuperVOOC fast charging