The DxOMark site specializing in camera review has given its response. Pixel 4 has improved significantly compared to Pixel 3. But still remains at the bottom of the top 10 – still dominated by Huawei Mate 30. As expected, in fact, the latest smartphone “made by Google” stood out for the quality of the shots. The final score marks 112 global points and 117 for photos only, practically in line with Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G despite having one less sensor.
The new Pixel 4 also figured very well in the video quality tests. Obtaining 101 points, despite the lack of recording at 60 fps in 4K. Returning to the photos, the DxOMark report is, as usual, very detailed and we invite those interested to learn more about it to the site in the source. For all the others, it may be enough to know the major strengths of the camera: Vivid and pleasant colors in bright light, usually good exposure in all conditions, fast and accurate autofocus in bright light, good color and exposure in flash-auto mode, good detail at close and medium-range zoom.
Gizchina News of the week
Among the most obvious defects, on the other hand, some loss of detail and visible noise in all conditions. In addition to localized loss of acutance, ringing. And occasional depth estimation artifacts in bokeh mode.
GOOGLE PIXEL 4 / 4 XL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Display: 5.7 “, 19: 9, 2340 x 1080 pixels, Smooth Display, 90 Hz, OLED, Gorilla Glass 6 | 6.3”, 18.5: 9, 3120 x 1440 pixels, Smooth Display, 90 Hz OLED Gorilla Glass 6
- Camera: dual, 12.2 MP (Sony IMX363, 1.4 μm, Dual Pixel, OIS + EIS, f / 1.7, capture angle 77 degrees) + 16 MP (Sony IMX481, 1 μm, f / 2.4, OIS + EIS , phase detection autofocus, capture angle 52 degrees), LED flash, video recording 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps, 720p @ 30/60 / 240fps, 2160p @ 30fps
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.0, fixed focus, 90 degree capture angle, Face Unlock, video recording 1080p @ 60fps
- Processor: 8 cores, 7 nm, up to 2.84 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4X
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac), 2.4 / 5 GHz (= Wi-Fi 4/5)
- Ports: USB Type-C 3.1
- The fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 2800 mAh | 3700 mAh
- Charging: fast wired (18 W) or wireless Qi
- Protection: IPX8
- Dimensions: 147.1 x 68.8 x 8.2 mm | 160.4 x 75.1 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 162 g | 193 g
- Platform: Android 10